A Proper Send-Off

How are you liking the Gold Coast theme of my blog! It's beautiful! ♥

Anyway...

So I was sitting here thinking today, "I never really finished up my Australia blog!" And that's just a terrible thing! So here it is, a proper send-off to Australia.

During my final few weeks in Australia I did a lot of reminiscing. I went back to Brisbane, shopped, went to South bank, saw a movie, hung out at UQ with Erica. It was wonderful.

I also spent a lot of time trying to get my remaining memories of Gold Coast in. Jessica, Anja, Melissa & I went to the Q1 tower. What an experience! It's the tallest tower in the southern hemisphere and it is right up against the beach. I got tons of great pictures! After we went up in the tower we bought some strawberries and ate them on the beach in celebration of Midsummers, a Swedish holiday! From there we took tons of crazy pictures and just spent the night enjoying each other's company!

We also went out to dinner and to a short film festival in Surfers (at the Towers at Cavill). This was in celebration of Melissa's birthday. It was tons of fun. We went to Outback Jack's for dinner and then to the film festival. It was freezing by Australia standards (which by then had become my standards as well). We had a great time overall! :)

Finally came the day that Hailey & I were leaving. We stayed up all night so we could sleep on the flight and finally hauled all of our bags onto the train. It was my last train ride in Queensland! :( We got through security and said our goodbyes to this amazing country. I think I'm more emotional now, almost a year later, than I was then.

Here are some things that I don't really remember when they happened that I also don't think I wrote about in the blog!

During the semester we had a family dinner at Alex's house... German style! The boys made us kasespätzle, and TONS of it. It was pretty awesome!

We also had a Eurovision party. That was fantastic. So much food and so much fun- I'm now addicted to Eurovision and can't wait for it again this year!

One night Hailey, Jessica & I had a crazy and hilarious photoshoot in our apartment. It was great! :)

And also we went to the last party at the UniBar... The hookers & deviants party. It was rather interesting to say the least.

Well, here's to Australia, the most amazing, sunburnt country I've ever been to and will ever be. I miss you so much, Aus, and I can't wait to come back one day. Who knows? Maybe I'll buy a one-way ticket.

♥ cb


Category:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.