Today was the first day it's been sunny in about a week. I'm really hoping the rainy season is almost over. It would be so fantastic, because all I want to do is go to the beach.


So, travels plans haven't really taken shape yet. All I really plan on doing is a quick trip to New Zealand, as I'm pretty much covering everything else with my parents over Easter. Next weekend I'm going to North Stradbroke Island, or "Straddie" with the UQ, QUT(?), and Griffith students. It's bound to be a good time (what isn't fun about kayaking, snorkeling, and painting your own boomerang?).

Remember when I was really nervous?
Me too.
I'm still trying to figure out why. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. I was a little homesick once we got to Griffith, but everything's evened out now. I have a schedule, and I'm aware of when most people are online, and I've made friends. Lots of German friends... And Canadian and Swedish too. No Americans, and I'd kind of like to keep it that way.

Guys here really like rattails. Remember rattails? That little chunk of hair on guys that was longer than the rest? Yeah, it's pretty popular here, but equally disgusting as it was in the 1990s. Girls here dress kind of trashy. They like to wear semi-sheer tops with black bras. And showing bits of your bra isn't a big deal at all. And short skirts/dresses? Go for it, I'm sure everyone wants to see your butt. It's definitely different from the States.

That's about it for now!

♥ caitlin

Category:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.